top of page
  • brian ramsden

Marriage Property or Private Property

Sin Somros is the legal term for Marriage Property in Thai Law.

This is anything purchased after you are married, property,land,cars,even income after marriage and savings.

The marriage property is divided equally in a divorce usually,however there are circumstances where a higher share is awarded to one of the parties.

When you buy land or a house in your Thai wife or partners name and attend the land department you will be asked to sign papers that make the house and land not part of the Marriage Property (Sin Suan Tua)

Sin Suan Tua is the legal term for Private Property in Thai Law.

Private property is not included in a divorce settlement,

Is your home Martrominial Property (Sin Somros) or Private Property (Sin Suan Tua).

Lawyers for expats Thailand provide a whole range of legal solutions for expats living in Thailand.

For a free consultation to see how we can help you contact us call +66956583038 WhatsApp and Line

62 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page